Monday, February 16, 2009

It's me...AGAIN

Okay! So I don't post for a week or so and then BOOM...twice in one day! I can't sleep! There is nothing on tv. I really don't feel like reading! And I have had all the facebook I can take for one night. So here I am, babbling on like a sleep deprived lunatic!
I realize it has been a LONG while since I actually just sat down and told it like it is. I always give little bits here and there about our life in Madison "The City" but I never really say much.
I know sometimes I sound a bit blunt and slightly passive, but in reality are life is ROCKIN'! Homeschooling really is going well for all of you skeptics out there. We are using the Abeka curriculum plus a wonderful website, www.time4learning.com. My kids (yes...I have already started teaching Jackson) love the lessons on the computer. They can do all of it by themselves and I can print out a detailed report on their progress. I am so much more aware of what they are learning than I was.
And yes...I will admit it: I LIKE having them home. We truly have a good time together. Not that all the stress is gone, by no means, but we are more relaxed. I have a good schedule planned for once Jackson and Ella are home full time,m but until then we are just winging it.
Jewelry sales are moving along as well. I have another show tomorrow night. Gary and I went to Dallas to a conference and now we are truly in this together. He sees the value in what I am doing and the possibilities for success. I won't bore you with all of the details, but I have set a number of goals for myself and we are steadily working toward those...TOGETHER!
I guess I have rambled enough for now. I may go track down an advil pm or something. If I don't get to sleep soon I won't have anytime to enjoy my bed before the boys take it over...a WHOLE other post! I hope this gets you caught up our little family. We are plowing through life one day at time...but we are doing as a FAMILY!

0 comments: