Saturday, February 28, 2009

You Are What You Eat!

You know how they say one day you look in the mirror and you realize that you have become your mother, well that has happened at our house. However, it is not the mirror where we are seeing the similarities...it is the calendar.
Chance had his last Basketball game Friday night and we are already getting ready for baseball. We bought a new batting helmet yesterday, we have paid our fees, now we are just waiting on the coaches to call.
I remember growing up: that our years were measured by sport seasons and it seems I am headed down that pathway again. I hated baseball growing up. It is such a long a boring game to watch, but somehow, miraculously it is infinitely more interesting when your own child is on the field. I will never understand people like my Daddy who go to watch Little League even when they know no one on the team, but I am slowing coming to grasp the mind of the parents who wear the shirts bragging "My child is #19"
So if you happen to see me cheering like crazy as Jackson is running the bases or Chance is catching a fly ball, please be kind. Don't take the opportunity to rub it in my face that I am turning into everything I swore I wouldn't become. Just know that I am a MAMA and everything changes when you have kids!

0 comments: